Telemedicine allows health care professionals to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients at a distance using telecommunications technology. The approach has been through a striking evolution in the last decade and it is becoming an increasingly important part of the American healthcare infrastructure.
Using telemedicine as an alternative to in-person visits has a host of benefits for patients and providers alike.
- No travel expenses or time
- No long waits at the Doctor’s office
- Less interference with child or elder care responsibilities
- The Privacy and Convenience of your office or home
- No exposure to other potentially contagious patients
- Better patient follow through and improved health outcomes
- Covered by most insurance
- Uninterrupted face to face time with your provider